Tuesday, December 1, 2009

To be or not to be...

...vain?

I consider myself not to be vain most of the time. I always tell Philip, "You should be happy you didn't marry a high maintenance girl" Then sometimes I think, 'maybe I am vain"

Here's the arguement:

Toes:

not vain - Posting toes on website
vain - not getting too close with the camera(and the white stuff is lotion, not ooey gooey stuff:))

not vain - letting this pedicure grow out to, um, disgust
vain - looking at my toes everyday and thinking 'I really need to take a trip to Amy Nails again'

not vain - wearing flip flops all winter with toes like this
vain - trying to cover up my toes at certain times

I think I'll stick to not vain...after all .... I just posted a picture on my blog for the whole WORLD to see of my Fred Flintstone toes. Love those little piggies!!

PS...don't you think Amy Nails does a great job...this polish has stayed on since August!!!

5 comments:

Bart said...

There's a fine line between vanity and "nonvanity" if there really is such a word. I've always felt that doing things where the primary motive was to be noticed constituted vanity. I guess we have to evaluate ourselves, I'm certainly not up to evaluating anyone, maybe not even my self. I would venture to say that you are a very genuine person.

We love you all and always will.

Grandpa bart

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

LOL- Fred toes, LOVE IT you my friend are a riot. I finally took a cotton ball to my toes last week, I had been sporting September coat of paint that had turned orange.

I agree, you are very genuine. No worries there.
Love you tons,

Rene

Bart said...

I have the uglest toes ever. My
second toe is longer than the rest
and I am always stubbing that toe
and it hurts. I don't like anyone
to see my long toes, I guess that's
why I never polish them,so attention won't be drawn to them.
I guess we should just be grateful
wehave feet and toes,I'll just keep
my covered so I won't freak anyone
out. How was your show in Orem?
The pic's of Temple
square look great. Maybe we'll get
to go this year, Ijust wish there
wasn't so much traffic, I think my
age is showing. See you soon and
love you all. Love, Mom

Julie said...

I, too, have the long second toe, but I'm so vain that I polish mine a couple times a month. I think the pedi is cute and definitely worth a trip to Amy's.

Mimi said...

Hmmmm...I seem to remember the girl who couldn't pass a mirror without looking in it! I always say you and Clint are very similar. When he gets home from work he always takes a shower and I usually go talk to him while he's in there. We have LOTS of mirrors in that bathroom and when he gets out he's still talking to me but looking in the mirror...constantly...never looks at me. It's pretty funny. But he's not vain:)!