Garrett and I have spent so many hours and hours of time reading together. When he was younger that's all we did a lot of the time. Now he's off and reading chapter books by himself. I was reading to Gavin and Libbie and he didn't want to listen to "those books" so he went and got his book and read. WOW -- time is passing -- they said it would -- guess I didn't believe 'em.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Chapter Books
Garrett just fi
nished his first Chapter book today. I am really proud of him, he used to say "I can't read chapter books," but he read this one in just a few days. I was really excited when started reading it -- but tonight, when he said he was finished something inside of me was sad. My little boy is growing up.
Garrett and I have spent so many hours and hours of time reading together. When he was younger that's all we did a lot of the time. Now he's off and reading chapter books by himself. I was reading to Gavin and Libbie and he didn't want to listen to "those books" so he went and got his book and read. WOW -- time is passing -- they said it would -- guess I didn't believe 'em.
Garrett and I have spent so many hours and hours of time reading together. When he was younger that's all we did a lot of the time. Now he's off and reading chapter books by himself. I was reading to Gavin and Libbie and he didn't want to listen to "those books" so he went and got his book and read. WOW -- time is passing -- they said it would -- guess I didn't believe 'em.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is just the beginning:)...at least you recognized it. And you are chronicleing (I don't know if that is a word or not??) it. I love you.
good job Garrett! That's exciting Megan. Just think if we didn't blog you might not have written it down.
Talk to you later!
Post a Comment