
About a month ago I found this idea on pinterest( let it be known that I had to stop pinning due to some serious time being sucked from my life) The idea was that you make these envelopes for your kids chairs, put them out on Feb. 1 and put a nice note in everyday. Somehow this photo was pinned to my memory.

So when I saw these cutie mailboxes at target for a buck I snatched them up...what a great way to save me some sewing.:). The beginning of the month they decorated them for A Family Night Activity...yes, Garrett's is a Viking Cupid. And no, I didn't have my kids pose with coordinating shirts and hair bows---

I told the kids to check them everyday because they would have a note from Mom or Dad. They were so excited the first morning to find their notes and I was excited to write them. Philip was out of town when this event began...I was sure I'd get a forced "good idea Megan" without much enthusiasm behind it. I even braced for some eye rolling. He is supportive of my communication schemes but I'm pretty sure he'd rather show his love through a good wrestle with the boys or a snuggle with his girl. Much to my appreciation- he was excited about the idea--- and wrote lots of the notes.
My absolute favorite part about the activity was catching our 12 year old sneaking a peek in his mailbox to see if his daily note had been delivered yet. He would hold his head a little higher after every note he read.
The power of positive has proven itself to me. Philip and I have been practicing approaching our struggles and frustrations with any situation but especially with our children in a positive way. We all know some situations with our children can be very tough to find something good to say about but the more we practice it, the easier it gets.
This has been great to watch and I think this house will have some love notes for the rest of the month!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
3 comments:
what a great idea Meegz.... love it
I love that idea... maybe next year!
Most people will go to great lengths to hear or see something positive about them. There is so much to be positive about. let them know.
Love you all forever,
Grandpa Bart
Post a Comment