Tuesday, September 6, 2011

yes, ours started school too

 I didn't quite get to this post on time -- but we started school too.:)  We have been learning to get up earlier so we can read our scriptures as a family.  It's the first year that all the kids are leaving at different times and Philip's work schedule is gradually getting more crazy.  So last week was a lot of stumbling down the stairs at 6 AM to try to read that tiny print.  I am excited to do a lot more stumbling this year.
Libbie and Gavin are still at Wallin - uniforms and all.  They say they don't like it, but I think secretly they are fine with it.  It sure does make it easier to choose your clothes in the morning. 


I'm pretty sure I was more excited about these shoes and socks since it was the first year they bought their own.  We took a trip to Ross and they all found their right sizes and a style they liked.  Jackpot!:)  I sure hope they learn to manage their money.  Garrett has already realized he didn't buy enough socks - yeah, more lessons learned.

I didn't get any pictures of Garrett on the first day, not sure why.  But he made it through his first week of middle school with flying colors.  Locker open-check, classes attended- check, friends made-check, check! 
This was the only photo I could snap (really quickly) of him and his buddies on their way home from orientation the week before school started.  We are impressed with the schools administration and staff and even more impressed with how Garrett is adjusting. 

3 comments:

Mimi said...

And no surprise, he's the tallest:). I'm happy for him too:)!!

Bart said...

Looks like you are developing a bunch of scholers. Are are they models?

Love you all forever,

Grandpa Bart

Alison Daugs said...

I love ross! We make Addison buy his own shoes, he is addicted!