Friday, September 24, 2010

Raingutter Regatta


Garrett and Gavin participated in the Raingutter Regatta again this summer. This one isn't easy -- but they both did great!

Cub scouts has been a fun part of our family for the past 4 years...Gavin still has 2 more years to go but Garrett is ready to graduate to 11 year old Scouts in November. I am excited to see the things they learn and honestly, moreso the friendships that are built.

We get a chance to visit with many Scout Leaders, and a gentleman by the name of Andy Ramos, a previous member of the LDS Young Men's General Board and a prominent leader in the Boy Scouts in Inner City Ogden said this: (paraphrased) "I often tell the boys that I work with: What gang do you want to be a member of? A street gang or the Boy Scouts?"

I, for one, am glad that we've started our boys out in the right gang.:)

1 comment:

Mimi said...

boy do I agree! I defended Boy Scouts in a conversation yesterday. I think it a GREAT organization! And so glad my grandsons are a part of it!!!