Monday, June 22, 2009

The adventures of Gavin

Today I got to go to the west desert and help a Scout unit get started on their 100 mile bike trek. The trail follows the old Pony Express trail. It was fun to teach Gavin about a small part of our nations history. We saw some cool things along the way. The best part was spending time with Gavin.
Our Pony Express trail starting point

We saw wild horses, antelope and some cool green boulders.




This is the Simpson Springs Station.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Seriously, girl, do you ever slow down? You do so many cool things.

Alison Daugs said...

Fun times with Gavin!

Bart said...

I'm sure the boys appreciated your help, but the real reward for you was some good one on one with Gavin. These are the times, they will always treasure.

meegz said...

Oh I wish I could take the credit, I lay at home tired and sick today and Gavin went on this adventure with Philip. He forgot to say that HE Posted this too....good for him!:)

Ellie McFreaken said...

Hey..I think this is the trail that jake is taking the young men on for their adventure this year??

I wish they would have stuff likethis for the YW....they need it as much as the YM. Molly took the YW in her ward on a backpacking trip in Oregon last year. Do they have high adventure for girls?

meegz said...

they sure do ang...if the yw leaders would do it.:)

Bart said...

Then more power to Philip. I'm sure he enjoyed a day wit some one on one with Gavin, just as I did with him last week at Bartlet for three days. Even at his age I think it is important, but I'm sure I gained much more from it than he did. For me it was great just to be remembered and included and made to feel that I still have something to offer. As we age,we sometimes struggle to find the relavance in our lives, though I'm sure it is there, just a little harder to dectect and to really make a contribution.

Love you all and always,

Grandpa Bart