I have been working on these twin quilts for our boys beds for quite a while now. They are made out of their Grandma Maggie's capris, denim, dockers etc. I quilted on the seams of the large squares and then tied them in the centers. One is tied in red and the other in blue to be able to tell them apart. The pockets are my favorite part and I'm pretty sure they will be the boys favorite part too. They'll be a great place to hide those teeth for the tooth fairy!
These quilts are filled with memories from Maggie and they have helped me to create my own memory of making something worthwhile for our boys.
They'll be a great Christmas present this year -- shhh.:)
** UPDATE 10-13-09**
I entered these quilts in an online quilt show(I'm #526) -- click HERE to see other awesome quilts!!

I entered these quilts in an online quilt show(I'm #526) -- click HERE to see other awesome quilts!!
18 comments:
That is awesome and will be a special treasure for your kids!
I'm amazed at all of your talents Megan. Love the pic of Libby letting her baby see the pictures! Too cute!
They look very similar to the ones that I made for my boys a couple of Christmases ago. I also tied each with one blue and one red to tell them apart! Good job- you quilter! I think next year, I'll make another! I bet the boys will LOVE them!
Those quilts turned out incredibly cute!! I bet your boys will absolutely love them!
they look great meg! I have had a box of old jeans cut up for about 5 years & I'm still trying to figure out when I can a quilt done with them. one of these days....
I'm really impressed with all the crafty things you have been doing lately. You are very talented. You kids will have great items to remember to family by.
They turned out great! Thanks for your inspiration, without you I wouldn't have ever tried quilting.
What a great way to remember someone dear, you are awesome and they look TOTALLY AWESOME the boys will love them.
Megan, I love the quilts. You really are amazing!
pretty sweet!
or how they say in french, schwett!
I could've sworn I commented on this one...of course I am so amazed at your talent! You know it could be in your genes too...Grandma Ranney was a fantastic quilter/seamstress! The boys will love them without a doubt!
I love these quilts. I have one my Grandma made me just after I got married. It is my absolute favorite. Great work, I'm sure your boys will get lots of use out of them.
These are great and warm I am sure!
It makes me want to go take a nap all curled up in it :)
Absolutely beautiful quilt. Great colors, fabric & design. You did fantastic job.
Thanks for sharing this quilt and for participating in the Bloggers' Quilt Festival.
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
What a lovely thing to do. I am sure they will be extra special to your boys for ever.
I love the colors. They are very boyish but nice and neutral too. Great work!!
I have three boys and I have been collecting their dress shirts that end up getting stains on them. I want to do something like this with them. So neat!
Post a Comment