Monday, September 1, 2008

Rainy Labor Day

We woke up to rain and hail -- as expected. So, off to Fat Cats we went. We had a gift certificate that we were saving for a rainy day. PERFECT! Thanks Jann!


Gavin had a great time -- he won the first game. Note his "strike" pose.

Garrett had some not so great form in the beginning -see pics - but once he got the throw down -- he got a strike too and won the second game.


You guys didn't know I was such a serious bowler, eh? Check out that game face!


Libbie would bowl and RUN back to see the picture on the over head screen. I think her top speed was about 3.5 MPH. "Fast enough" that we could take a picture before the ball even hit the pins. :)

..and this guy, well, the pictures speak for themselves. Just look at that form. :)

Seriously though. We have the most fun bowling. Philip and I are usually fairly decent and score about the same. Today we scored about the same too -- POOR! But all that mattered was that we had some good old fun and learned good sportsmanship too.

The day has turned out to be quite nice -- blue skies and it smells like fresh rain.

Happy Labor Day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were in the neighborhood and didn't come say "Hi"! Looks like you guys have a good time.

Alison Daugs said...

Sounds like the greatest day to me.

Me- I watche two little girls while their parents painted their house. I got some house cleaning done though.

meegz said...

I didn't note that the second half of the day I cleaned out the pantry and linen closet while babysitting.:) Hey, I found Ada's sandals outside - we'll get them to you soon.

Ellie McFreaken said...

I loved that storm this morning i thought our windows were going to break the hail was so strong. Fat Cats would have been fun! We spent the morning playing and then scrubbed the downstairs all afternoon. Not so fun but I can at least start the week off :)

Mimi said...

The tribe put a bowling alley in the new casino so you guys can go bowling there when you come...or even better we can all go:)! Remember when Grandma Kristine used to insist on taking everyone bowling when we come visit here at the OLD bowling alley in town? Love you and great pix...love Garret's form!

meegz said...

I bowled in Durango so many times. Maybe that's why I like it so much?