I have been reading all of the different first day of school posts and thinking, am I crazy that I'm glad their back in school? Conclusion: Whether I'm crazy or not doesn't seem to matter, it's the fact that I'm happy they are finding structure, new friends, education and discipline again. These seem to be things that I can't provide at home. And, by gosh, I'm happy their outta my hair for a few more hours a day. I was beginning to think the boys might drive me to drink!:)

I'm excited for my year with Libbie. She is darling -- when she wants to be and horrible when she wants to be. She reminds me of someone -- wonder who that is?

It's going to be a year of the gym, volunteering at school, spending good time with Libbie, lunches with Philip, piano lessons and whatever else comes our way(don't worry, I'm sure lots will).
Both boys came home from school with big smiles on their faces. Garrett said "Maddie sits next to me so Third Grade is going to be okay after all." Gavin said " My teacher doesn't EVEN get mad at all. Really Mom, she's sooo nice." Sounds like a couple of great first days to me.


I'm excited for my year with Libbie. She is darling -- when she wants to be and horrible when she wants to be. She reminds me of someone -- wonder who that is?

It's going to be a year of the gym, volunteering at school, spending good time with Libbie, lunches with Philip, piano lessons and whatever else comes our way(don't worry, I'm sure lots will).
Both boys came home from school with big smiles on their faces. Garrett said "Maddie sits next to me so Third Grade is going to be okay after all." Gavin said " My teacher doesn't EVEN get mad at all. Really Mom, she's sooo nice." Sounds like a couple of great first days to me.
9 comments:
I'm with you, Meegz! No tears from me, just smiles. Melissa is now in first grade and therefore gone most of the day. As much as we love her and as much joy as she brings us, Jared and I have been dreaming of this day for 6 years.
Shana
Bless first grade -- for Melissa's sake!:) Gavin came home sooo tired today -- first grade is a long day for those cuties. Good thing they adjust quickly.
My missing them is when I walk them into class on the first day. Just knowing that they are getting older. But, and it is a big but (not the one on me though) I was happy to have a quiet house back - not the constant bickering that has gone on this past month. Not the constant "I'm bored, there is nothing to do). So, I too am very happy that they have that structure that they need in their lives, structure that I cannot provide - well I guess I could if I wanted, but I do not want to homeschool. The night before they started school, Sunday, I told all three of my kids that I wanted to run away if it make you feel better. It was just one of those days.
Those kids look so cute for their first day back to school. Now you
and Libby can paint your nails a
different color each day, one toe at a time, she will love that. You
might have to explain the different colors to people, then
they will be envisious(spell)?
of you for you special time with your little girl.
Love Iris
love the pix, love the kids, love you...guess i'm just overcome with love! getting mom's (Granny's) piano tuned today...did i tell u it's in the bedroom?? only place it'd go. not sure it'll hold tune but we're going to try.
I think I get sad because once school starts it's a reminder that they are a year older and that time is flying by. I too was ready for the quietness and end to so much quarreling. Molly is such a homebody that it is going to be wierd with her gone!
It's always a bittersweet feeling. Now when it's the last kid like Shana I'll be ecstatic!
Makes you wonder what Gavin did to know the teacher "doesn't get mad at all"! =)
Michelle
I gotta say, when Ethan's bus pulls away I dance a little jig for a second. One less kid makes the house so much more quiet!!!
Don't get me wrong Megan, I wasn't sad that school was starting, just that the years seem to pass by so quickly. Kayla is happy so I am happy and I love the many experiences, friends, and the structure she gets at school. I'm happy it is back in session and looking forward to Savannah doing the same someday. Glad your boys had a great start to the school year. Nothing better than when they come home happy!! Good luck with the school year!
Audrey
Post a Comment