I've noticed that over the years of being a SAHM(stay at home mom) I have become quite used to my OWN time schedule. I tend to rule the roost here when Philip's not home. I think that I got used to doing things on my time schedule and so...yes, those of you who live near me know where I'm going with this...I am a chronic late comer!
My Mom will tell you I have always been late because as a child I was always slow(hmmm, I seem to have a child like that too) but really Mom, when I was in HS and College I shaped up. Then the job of SAHM came and I'm super duper late all the time.
For a while I called it "fashionably late" but really -- is 15 minutes late fashionable? Nope, I think not. Until Philip got released I was getting used to the evil eye I would get from Philip while I sauntered in with the kids at about 1:04 every week. And don't you worry, we didn't sneak in the back row, we head up to "our bench" on the 3rd row. I go to babysit each week at a family's house where the Mom is struggling with health problems. My time to be there is 11 AM, I chronically show up at 11:15 AM and sometimes I would seriously think I was on time! I sew with my friend Michelle a lot and we set appointments at her house. I'm pretty sure I've showed up an hour late more than 5 times.
So...that said....enough is enough! I have made my Resolution for 2010. I will be on time if it kills me...and it might. I'm not promising that I'll be that person that believes "I have to be there 15 minutes early or I'm late" To me, what an inefficient way to use your time.:) But if the mtg is at 1, I'll be there at 1. I HOPE. If I fail...I'll try again...no more waltzing into my schedule 15 minutes late every day.
With that -- I gotta go volunteer at the school and I'm going to be late!:)

6 comments:
You can do it!
Michelle
I'm pretty sure you inherited that genetically or environmentally...however that said, maybe I can give you a piece of advice. After having a talk with one of my "ontime" seminary students I decided that at least one of the reasons I'm almost always late (except to seminary) is because when it's 5 minutes till the time I have to leave, I say "oh, I'll just do one more thing, use up the 5 minutes and then leave". Hannah told me when she sees she just has 5 minutes till it's time to leave, she thinks "I have to go right now!". so I'm trying to adopt her attitude and be early rather than late because I seem to be incapable of being "on time"! Love you no matter what tho:)! PS, did you get my text??
yes, it was late though, I didn't even look at my phone yesterday. I want you to come, check for prices and flights and let me know.:)
Mom - PS, yes, Philip tells me I forget to allow for travel time. Dangit -- he's right again!
That's a wonderful resolution! I think it happens to all SAHM's. I've heard that it's also called Mormon Standard Time, fifteen minutes behind schedule!
Well, I don't think I use my time inefficiently-I'm not ususally 15 minutes early- but, I won't say anything other than good luck! :0)
Post a Comment