Monday, August 3, 2009

Ode to Philip

So I have this very handsome and kind husband...of whom, I rarely see. He works so hard for our family and so that I can stay home with our three super cool kids. If he's not at work for the BSA; helping our communities boys want to do better, he's at work for the Lord; with his Bishopric duties. He doesn't have any toys, because he gives all his money to us and he wouldn't have time for them anyway. He doesn't have any hobbies, except playing with his kids, the little time that he is home. He isn't perfect, but he's close -- and he does have a pretty good life with our awesome little family.

Today we had a family trip planned to go to Camp Aspen Ridge and Camp Bartlett (we were going to tag along while he worked) but our extended family took our kids last night(THANK YOU) and I realized how nice it was to be alone, how much I could get done, and how quiet it was. Soooo, Philip went off this morning on his own to pick up our kids and head to the Camps with them. Me? well, I'm home getting blog posts done(see the 5 new ones below:)), cleaning(and it might actually stay clean for a few hours), grocery shopping(alone), getting my list for Stake Girls Camp whittled away at, and just enjoying the quiet.

So for you Mom's out there who feel what I'm sayin ---- Ode to Philip!

3 comments:

shaunandnina said...

Ode to Philip! What a blessing those rare times of quiet can be!

Molly said...

Yeah for some quiet time! I always admired Philip for how willing he was to help. One time he drove me out to who-knows-where(somewhere in the Cache Valley) to pick up a mattress from some lady who was giving it away. Along with many other favors us girls asked of him.
I'm glad you didn't let him get away.

Bart said...

He must of learned all this from his Papa.