Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bakugan.....BRAWL!

**edit** The above picture shows Bakugan. You roll them when they are ball form, they land on a magnetized card (the ball has a magnet in it too) and when they stop they open up.

Not sure if you all know about Bakugan...but you should. At least that's what the children in our area believe.:)

They were sold out of them in stores before Christmas, they are all the rage of the Elementary -- so much that the Principal had to email parents asking them to remind kids not to bring their Bakugan to school. It's madness I tell you! Madness!

Anyway, the other day Gavin was making several invitations for a party. I heard he and Garrett discussing plans and who to invite. I didn't think much of it until I was asked if they could have a Bakugan party at our home at 6 PM on Friday. I told them that Dad and I were going out at 6 but if they changed it to 4 PM they could have a party for an hour. It was decided -- Gavin was throwing a Bakugan party at our home at 4 PM. He made and delivered all the invites, decorated the home -
note the pictures of the decorations

and planned the activities for the party all on his own. He even recruited a neighbor boy to come over early to help decorate.

My favorite part was that Garrett lectured Gavin on the need to thank his Mother for allowing him to have a party here. Ahhhh- he is appreciating me...I choose to see it that way, instead of Garrett bossing his brother around.:)



Friday at 4 PM: several kids showed up. 3 parents called to ask about the party, I had to say I knew nothing about what was going to happen, just that Gavin was in charge and I would supervise...I'm pretty sure they thought I was crazy.:) Gavin received a birthday gift from one invitee(oops, forgot to note that it wasn't a b-day party...the gift was returned...Gavin tried to pull a fast one and keep it.) One uninvited child showed up to see if Garrett and Gavin could play -- when I said "yes, and he's having a bakugan party too" out came his Bakugan out of his pocket. I'm thinking word got out that GE was throwing a partay!:)

Nice job Gav!!

5 comments:

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

Looks like some serious fun. I especially like the decorations!

Good job, GE

Bart said...

Bakugan??? it looks like it's developing leadership and creativity skills in Gavin and Garrett. My only concern is that we might be taken over by the Japanese. It's Fun top see kids having fun.

Alison Daugs said...

We are unfamiiar with it- looks like a fun time though. Got to love Gar bear.

Bart said...

What is Bakugan??????????I know thatquestion dates me but I really
would like to know the answer.
Good job on the organization boys.

Love Grandma Iris

Kayla said...

Pretty great idea! Zac's been wrapped up in Bakugan since October. I bought a whole set for him at Sam's Club as Christmas because I couldn't find the individual Bakugan...of course. Then we went to Delta, UT the weekend before Christmas. At the little ALCO there were TONS of Bakugan...cheap. Obviously the fad had not hit small town Delta yet. Love your Blog!!!! --Kayla